EMPLOYMENT LAW ADVICE AND COUNSELING
We advise and counsel businesses on their employment law needs, keeping them in compliance with myriad California laws and local ordinances.
Taking preventative measures to protect business investments is the best way to stave off claims from current and former employees and other workers. Partnering with our clients, we support business owners and executives in taking these measures early and often, and assist them in doing so cost effectively.
We have vast experience with employers in a wide variety of industries including manufacturing, hospitality, technology, start-ups, and professional service firms.
Our Areas of Focus include:
- Employment contracts, offer letters, independent contractor agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, and arbitration agreements
- Employment policies including an Employee Handbook, personalized to the company’s business and culture
- I-9 and Personnel File Compliance
- Employee relations issues, including disciplinary actions, performance management, and terminations
- Leaves of absence and disability accommodations
- Wage and hour policies and human resources practices to ensure compliance with local, state and federal law requirements (exempt v. non-exempt classification)
- Independent contractor classification
- Compensation plans
- Reductions in force and layoffs
- Advising on multi-state employer issues
- Coaching and training for managers and supervisors (including AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Training)
- Outside General Counsel services on employment-related issues to support in-house counsel, and/or to support the Human Resources function
- Representation on audits in front of state and federal agencies (EDD, DLSE, DOL) in the areas of independent contractor and exempt/non-exempt classification, as well as Health Care Security Ordinance audits